Opening Your Pool
When it's time to open your pool for the swimming season, let HTH™ Pool Care Products get the water just right. One easy way to get started is with the HTH™ Pool Starter Kit. This offers key items to get you started swimming. To open your pool, follow the simple steps below:
Preparing the Equipment
- Remove any water and debris that have accumulated on your pool cover during the winter.
- Take off the pool cover. Clean the cover to prevent mildew and premature deterioration.
- Hook up the pool pump and filter. Reconnect any hoses and electrical connections that may have detached.
- Make sure skimmer(s), filters(s), pump(s), drain(s) and other equipment are clean and free of winter debris.
- Use the HTH™ Deep Leaf Skimmer PRO to scoop up all surface and submerged debris.
- Clean dirty pool walls immediately with the HTH™ 18" Wall Brush PRO.
- Bring the pool water up to the proper level.
- Make sure all your hoses and electrical hookups are in order.
- Turn on filter pump.
- Check the skimmer, drain, and filter to make sure they are functioning properly.
- Use the HTH™ Multi-surface Vacuum Head along with the HTH™ 30' (9m) Vacuum Hose with Adaptor to remove any remaining debris.
- Run the pool filter for 12 hours.
Preparing the Pool Water
- Test and balance water.
- Adjust the pH, FAC, TA and CH to the ideal levels recommended in the Balanced Pool Care Chart.
- If needed, stabilize your water using HTH™ Stabilizer.
- Shock treat pool water with an HTH™ Shock product.
- Continue with routine maintenance following the 4-Step Program.
Caution: Please read the following important reminders before adding pool chemicals to water.
- NEVER mix products with other products or dissolve before use.
- Re-entry into treated pools is prohibited above levels of 3 ppm (FAC) for a risk of bodily harm.